Continuing on from my previous post about the bases for my Daemons i’ve added an extra layer of green stuff to the bases so the magnet the Daemonette model is attached to sits inside more. I’m quite happy with the result so far and I think the next step will be to try it on one of the metal Daemonettes to see if the weight makes any difference. There is a lot of pull between the magnets but the plastic model seems very secure so it shouldn’t be an issue.
Exciting photos of bases with sand on them:
I’ve also been trying out a colour scheme on some Chaos Space Marines. They were my 2nd army I collected in 40k and so I have a lot of models hanging around of various ages. Most of the army is Tzeentch but that doesn’t fit in very well with the other chaos forces being Slaanesh. Seeing as none of it is finished anyway and those that are are from 10-15 years ago I don’t mind re-purposing them.
This is the test model I painted for my Daemons when I first started them and i’m still happy with the colour scheme.
I also quite fancied some Chaos Warriors with white armour so with the allies rules in 40k and these rules being likely to be introduced to the next edition Warhammer it makes sense to use the Daemons as the core with Chaos Space Marine or Chaos Warrior allies depending on the game. With careful planning I might be able to use some of the same character models between both too which would be a good excuse for some custom models.
The purple looks a little more grey on the pics so with the white armour and no detail they look a little bland but i’m quite happy with the result on the actual models. Next step will be to come up with a colour scheme I like for the weapons and then see what I can cobble together to make a full unit. In the hurry to get stuff assembled I always regret not coming up with some kind of really distinctive basing so I should probably have a think about that as well. Fortunately I need to buy some more magnets before I can go any further.