More Shaggoth Sculpting

Done a bit more on the shaggoth over the last few days. Mostly this has been bulking out the basics of the torso I added in the previous pics. I still think it needs to be made a bit bigger but its getting there. Another layer of green stuff over the back and the front should see it about right.

I’ve also started on the stomach area, a bit of a leg and added the base for the spines along it’s shoulders and neck. I did have a go at adding a spike but it’s a bit lumpy and i’m not happy with it. I’ll have to have a play around and see if I can come up with a way to make them reliably that doesn’t take an age since nearly every model is going to need the same work doing.

The only problem I have with the model so far is that he’s leaning a bit to left. This wasn’t going to be a problem because I thought I might have him leaning round one of the buildings but I have a feeiling given he’s turning out bigger than I expected the rear legs aren’t going to have a lot of space and it’s going to look like he’s squatting down. In addition i’ve changed how I wan’t to position the front legs. At first I was going to have them shaped the same as the rear legs, but I think it will be better having them more half arm half leg which means the paper clips have the wrong joints in them.  The downside to pulling him off and repositioning him is that he’ll end up taller which in itself wouldn’t be a problem if I didn’t want the Kholek model bigger than this shaggoth.

Shaggoth early greenstuffing

Couple of pics of the shaggoth so far. It’s looking a little skinny at the moment compared to the stegadon body but the plan is to build the chest out about twice as much as it is so far to get it into the right position. The back is in the right place. I’ve only put the muscles on the front so as to get a feel of the positioning and to know more how much i’m going to have to build up the lizard section towards the torso.

Early models

Some Work in progress shots of some of the models i’ve been working on for the display.

Below is the first troll model i’ve made. It’s based on the plastic ogres, cold ones, chaos spawn and saurus. The idea being that the trolls in the army are like devolved dragon ogres that have sucumbed to chaos and have mutated. There’s still a decent amount of work needed in filling in between the components and scupting some new detail, especially on the cold one body to get rid of the saddle.

Next is the dragon ogre shaman. The rules are using a chaos sorcerer on a daemonic mount to give it a profile and size that matches the rest of the army. The plan for this one is to sculpt some armour over the orc and cold one sections to account for the chaos armour he has. In general i’m not too sure about the model though. I think the pose is a little awkward just using the arms as they are so they might need repositioning a bit. I’m not sure about the size either. What i’ll probably do is work a bit more on him but start producing an alternate model alongside and see which works out best.

Lastly, some very early pics of the Shaggoth model that is at the back of the board tearing down some castle walls.  There isn’t much I can say about this until i’ve done a bit more apart from hoping I’ve got the legs positioned right. I won’t know that though until I start sculpting them. The head is going to be the stegadon head without the large crest but i’m still not sure for the body if I should try and use something as a base or try sculpting it myself but that can wait for the time being.